Sanoma Media Finland is the leading Finnish multi-channel media company known for its leading brands. We provide consumers content, experiences and entertainment through newspapers and magazines, television and radio as well as online and in mobile media. Our media reach almost all Finns every day and we are now building Finnish media for future generations. Join us and be part of our story!
Senior Frontend Developer
Are you a seasoned development professional looking for a change? Do you want to work with the prize winning and popular web applications in the ever-changing world of news and media? Keen on the idea of having millions of users for your work?
We are looking for Frontend Developer to join our News & Feature Media technology team (N&F). Our team works on N&F web applications such as HS, IS, Aamulehti and Satakunnan Kansa, and together with product teams develops Finland’s most popular web applications, with millions of users.
As a frontend developer, you have 5+ years of professional experience and knowledge acquired in various fields of industry. You have the can-do attitude, and intention to be the mastermind of our development teams. We expect you to help us by contributing maintainable, high quality code for our applications. Our teams are self-organizing, and we’d appreciate experience in working in environments with multiple teams and fast paced development.
To succeed in the role, you should:
- Have good problem-solving skills, eagerness & ability to learn new
- Understand code written by others, be a quick learner with a strong experience in dominant web technologies
- Appreciate teamwork, actively work with other team members and help others
- Communicate effectively and clearly the status of your work, participate in team discussions and be active
- Understand both client side and server side rendering using JS+React+Next.js
In addition, it will be beneficial, if you:
- Are familiar with design systems, using frameworks such as Tailwind CSS
- Know some Java/Scala
We want to offer a place for you to grow as a professional. A senior developer position gives a good opportunity to hone your software skills as a developer, peer code reviewer and a solver of hard technical problems. We understand the value of good work-life balance, and take flexible hours and remote work for granted. Your workplace is located either in Tampere or Helsinki.
Interested? Apply now or ask for more information from Jyrki Hokkanen (firstname.lastname@example.org).