Sanoma Media Finland (SMF) is the leading Finnish cross-media company and a forerunner in the digital transformation of media. Helsingin Sanomat, Ruutu, Supla, and Ilta-Sanomat are just a few of our brands that deliver relevant, inspiring, and captivating content and reach almost every Finn every week.
The SMF Tech & Data department develops and delivers products used by both B2B customers and end-users serving and streaming millions of requests and GBs daily. We strive to work smarter and more agile every day.
The newly formed CloudOps team focuses on making our product teams' life easier via technology and automation.
If you are ready to face technological challenges and production loads only found in the world's biggest media companies, then keep on reading.
As a junior cloud engineer for the CloudOps team, you will have overall responsibility in developing high-quality services that satisfy the needs of our internal product teams that serve and stream millions of requests and GBs to users daily while improving working processes tooling, and ways of working.
- Develop multi-cloud services and platforms that facilitate product teams workflows utilizing the latest technologies
- Continuously improve practices, processes, and ways of working
- Have a very client-centric mindset listening to fellow developers and their needs
What we expect from you:
- At least two years of professional experience
- Basic understanding of CI/CD pipelines flows and purposes
- Ability to clearly and reasonably conduct a technical discussion
- Experience with AWS cloud services
- Desire to learn other cloud provider technologies
- Experience in the whole software development process, from working with requirements to maintaining software, fixing bugs, and handling support cases
- Knowledge of one of the following: Terraform, Cloudformation, or CDK
- Fluent in English
- A hunger for constantly learning more
- Positive attitude and excellent problem-solving skills
- Team player with a customer-centric mindset.
We appreciate experience with one/some of the following:
- container technologies (docker, Fargate, Kubernetes)
- Datadog and developing observability dashboards
- Github actions, AWS Code Pipeline or Azure DevOps
What will you get from us:
- Possibility to build a platform from the ground up and have an input its direction
- Rewarding work that contributes to society via ethical journalism and wholesome entertainment
- Remote first working environment with friendly colleagues
- Access to a multitude of Media only perks
- CV or LinkedIn
- Github repositories (optional and add in CV or Linkedin)
For more information on the role, reach out via email to cops @ sanoma.fi