WSOY, part of the SanomaWSOY Group, today acquired a 51% shareholding in AAC Global Oy. At the same time, WSOY agreed to buy the remaining 49% by 2009.
The acquisition includes AAC Global's Swedish subsidiary, AAC Global AB. AAC Global, Finland's leading provider of professional multilingual communication services, will be integrated as part of the WSOYpro business unit serving corporate customers.
- AAC Global is a fascinating and dynamic company whose services combine contents and the latest technology. As a provider of multilingual communication services, AAC has excellent opportunities for profitable growth. We can identify numerous opportunities for cooperation between AAC and WSOYpro with respect to both training services and content production, explains Tuomo Räsänen, Senior Vice President, WSOYpro.
- This acquisition supports WSOY's strategy of focusing on not only actual publishing but also training, learning and information services, says Jorma Kaimio, President of WSOY.
- AAC Global has for some time been contemplating broadening its ownership base in order to ensure its future growth and development. I am confident that in this respect WSOY is an ideal partner for AAC. AAC aims to further strengthen its position as the leading provider of multilingual communication solutions in Finland and neighbouring regions, says Janne Nevasuo, Managing Director of AAC Global.
Tuomo Räsänen, Senior Vice President, WSOYpro, tel. +358 9 6168 3546, gsm +358 40 718 2840
Janne Nevasuo, Managing Director AAC Global, gsm +358 400 303 776
Established in 1969, AAC Global Oy provides services ranging from language training, communication and cultural skill training and translation services to terminology management by company and industry. With a permanent staff of 120, AAC Global posted net sales of around EUR 13 million in 2005.
WSOY is Finland's leading book publisher and a significant European educational publisher.
Senior Vice President
Finance and Administration
Helsinki Stock Exchange