Our Data Platform has been built for collecting, analyzing, and harmonizing data from the business units, storing, and serving it downstream to business needs. We value the principles of modern data scalable architectures, serverless, and microservices.
Your role will be positioned at the B2C Data team, working as a senior developer on the Data Platform, helping the B2C consumer marketing and targeting, sales, analyst, and data-science business teams in their journey towards an increasingly digital future.
As a senior developer you will get to design and implement solutions, work in an agile way, and help us create and maintain the best practices. You will work closely together with the business stakeholders, lead developers from other teams, data architects and the rest of the data teams.
We are looking for:
- A mindset of continuous improvement, with the ability to facilitate change
- Wide experience with data integrations and pipelines
- Required technical skills: Python, SQL, public cloud technologies (AWS preferred)
- Preferred technical skills: GIT, CI/CD basics, Agile work methodologies, big data storages and computing (data warehouses- and marts, data modelling, distributed computing), ELT/ETL processing with SAS / Matillion or some other similar tool
- Experience in productizing data services/products and working with business teams
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English
It would impress us if you also possessed some of the following:
- Nice-to-have technical skills: Spark, Docker, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- Understanding of end-to-end testing throughout the development process, test automation
- Experience in acting as a Scrum master
- Understanding cloud cost optimization
- Media industry experience
- Good Finnish language skills a bonus
Why Sanoma? We:
- Promise challenging, interesting, and varying projects within a quickly evolving environment
- Offer modern tools to work with
- Emphasize work-life balance
- Take flexible hours for granted and we enable remote work
- Work on a wide set of data, from more traditional sources to increasingly real-time data
- Provide an excellent viewpoint into the dynamic media business
- Have an expert team to support you
Interested? Make your move and apply now or at the latest on Friday 11.2.2022. Please note that we are reviewing and interviewing applicants already during the application period.
We are working with a post-Covid hybrid model, and onsite days will take place in Sanomatalo in central Helsinki. Thus, a Finnish work permit and ability to occasionally travel to Helsinki is a requirement.
If you have any questions, please contact B2C Data team lead Niko Kotiniemi (email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 040-650 1157 or through LinkedIn if that is your preference).