Lead developer AI & Personalization
Sanoma Media Finland is the leading Finnish multi-channel media company known for its leading brands. We provide consumers content, experiences and entertainment through newspapers and magazines, television and radio as well as online and in mobile media. Our media reach almost all Finns every day and we are now building Finnish media for future generations. Join us and be part of our story!
We are looking for a Lead Developer to join the News & Feature team. The team works on N&F applications such
as HS, IS, Aamulehti and Satakunnan Kansa, and many other Finland’s most
popular media web/mobile applications. The mission of our team is to enable and
develop world class personalized user experience and Machine Learning tools for
editors in collaboration with multiple units within Sanoma.
- Design and develop impactful personalization use-cases and Machine Learning models, in close collaboration with other teams.
- Lead and contribute to personalization software architecture.
- Develop Backend and frontend solutions that enables the use of Machine Learning models in production.
- Help defining and continuously improve our development environment, and communicate the best development practices within the organization (i.e., code reviews, testing, etc).
- Learn a lot and share your own knowledge.
- Understanding and genuine interest of
the usage, implementation and machine learning methods and algorithms in
- Hands-on experience of AWS, Data
pipelines, Machine Learning applications.
- Fluent in multiple development
languages and interested in learning more. We currently use mostly Scala,
- Strong interest in Data Science, Data
Pipelines, Cloud architecture
Not mandatory, but would be helpful if you've experience from some of the following technologies:
- Experience with cloud infrastructure,
e.g., AWS, and being familiar with container based architectures and
microservices is a plus
Sanoma offers IT professionals interesting and challenging career building opportunities, and the possibility to work with the most popular online services in Finland. You work in a big media company but at the same time you are part of relaxed and dynamic development team. We offer plenty of opportunities to challenge yourself and develop your skills. We
understand the value of good work-life balance, and take flexible hours and remote work for granted. Your workplace is located either in the Helsinki city center, or at our premises in Tampere.
Interested? Apply now or ask for more information from Harri Virtala (email@example.com) or Jyrki Hokkanen (firstname.lastname@example.org).