Sanoma News & Feature Media digital development team is looking for
Do you want to have your work seen by half of the Finnish population? Do you want to help the best journalists in Finland to excel in their job?
Sanoma News&Feature Media digital development team is looking for an iOS developer to work on our news applications such as Helsingin Sanomat, Ilta-Sanomat, Aamulehti and Satakunnan Kansa.
We are hiring a talented iOS developer to design, build, and maintain the next generation of iOS applications. Your primary focus will be developing high-end iOS applications for the latest Apple mobile devices. Your duties includes collaborating with the design team for new application features, identifying and fixing application bottlenecks, maintaining the core code, and updating applications published on the App Store.
To ensure success as an iOS developer, you should have a strong working knowledge of iOS Frameworks, be proficient in Swift, and be able to work as part of a team.
iOS developer responsibilities
- Designing and building mobile applications for Apple’s iOS platform
- Collaborating with the design team to define app features
- Participating in code reviews as a reviewer
- Ensuring quality and performance of the application
- Identifying potential problems and resolving bottlenecks
- Fixing bugs before the release
- Designing and implementing updates
iOS developer requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or software engineering.
- Proven experience as an app developer
- Proficient in Swift and UIKit
- Knowledge of iOS backend services
- Knowledge of Apple’s design principles and human interface guidelines
- Familiarity with push notifications, APIs, and cloud messaging
What we offer
- Opportunity to hone your cloud skills as a mobile developer, performance optimizer and a solver of hard technical problems
- Open culture that supports your development and embraces constant improvement
- Large-scale business critical software development environment to develop your skills
- Workplace located either in Tampere or Helsinki, hybrid office/remote way of working model
Interested? Apply now or ask for more information from Harri Virtala (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jyrki Hokkanen (email@example.com). This position is fulfilled when a suitable candidate is found.