We are now looking for a
Finance Specialist, Intercompany and Payments
The Accounting Services team is an integral part of Sanoma Group Finance Control and provides accounting services to Sanoma’s Learning and Media operations. As a function we aim to provide scalable and high-quality accounting services, driving value from an end-to-end perspective. We want to be the go-to party for all local accounting related questions.
Our Finance function is going through a significant transformation program where we are implementing new finance systems and are reshaping our finance organization.
As a result we are now building an entirely new accounting team with where continuous improvement is in our DNA. Sanoma’s culture is dynamic, and we are looking for driven, positive individuals who are not afraid to take ownership and make decisions independently.
- In this role as responsible for the Intercompany and Payment process for Accounting Services, you will:
- Monitor and ensure the intercompany invoices are issued correctly and delivered on time to counterparties
- Issue intercompany invoices
- Monitor the Intercompany reconciliation status, ensure charges are booked or accrued in the receiving entities
- Increase intercompany invoice posting rate/reduce Intercompany accruals
- Support Intercompany disputes resolution
- Execute Payment runs the process for the group daily
- Support intercompany postings within month-end closing
- Increase process standardization and automation for Intercompany and Payments
- Participate in various other finance activities, developments and projects as required
You will work closely with the Treasury, Finance, and Business Control as a subject-matter expert for Intercompany and Payments. As part of the process excellence team, you will support the continuous improvements initiatives and ways of working update within Accounting services.
To succeed in this role, we are looking for the following qualifications:
- Bachelor degree or similar, preferably a major in Accounting or Finance
- Previous work experience in a similar role considered an advantage
- Strong communication and collaboration skills in English (Finnish, Dutch, Polish or Spanish are advantageous)
- Customer driven continuous improvement mindset
- Comfortable with ambiguity and pressure
- An independent and proactive approach to work and good team playing skills
- Digi savvy, experience with SAP or D365 systems considered a plus
- Lean mindset
As an employer, Sanoma offers a working environment where you are able and encouraged to show your best self. The working environment is result-oriented as well as flexible with a focus on collaboration. We offer you a key position with interesting and challenging tasks and excellent opportunities for professional growth. You will be part of a highly professional and experienced international team in an open and informal setting, where initiative is expected and rewarded.
Are you interested in this position? Please send your online application, including salary request and CV in English. This position will be filled as soon as the right candidate is found.
For any questions, please contact our recruitment coordinator Ilkka Suhonen (firstname.lastname@example.org)