Sanoma is an innovative and agile learning and media company impacting the lives of millions every day. Our learning products and services enable teachers to develop the talents of every child to reach their full potential. We offer printed and digital course materials as well as digital learning and teaching platforms for primary, secondary and vocational education, and want to grow our business across Europe. Our Finnish media provide independent journalism and engaging entertainment also for generations to come. Our unique cross-media position offers the widest reach and tailored marketing solutions for our business partners. Our net sales totaled EUR 1062 million and we employed approximately 4,800 professionals in 2020. Sanoma shares are listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. More information is available at www.sanoma.com.
The role of our Group Business Control team is to support and challenge our businesses in order to drive growth and support the realization of our objectives to deliver sustainable shareholder value. The team analyses, drives financial results and prepares reports to support Sanoma Group management, various businesses, M&A and Business development projects. To reinforce our team, we are looking for a:
For a permanent position based at the Corporate Headquarters in Helsinki.
- Participation in monthly reporting and forecasting, including consolidation, analysis, management reporting and supporting calculations based on financial and business information across Sanoma Group. Business unit support in reporting
- Preparation of other value added analysis and reports, often based on ad-hoc requests by various stakeholders in Sanoma Group management
- Maintain and develop current management reporting forms, processes and tools, as well as potentially being involved in various development projects
- Support in budgeting and strategic planning
- Proactively interact with Finance and Business teams across Sanoma Group
- Other tasks of Group Business Control team, including preparation of various reports and calculations on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- Bachelor´s or Master´s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience as a controller, analyst or equivalent
- Experience and knowledge in HFM (and Smart View). Experience on SAP (and BW/4HANA) is considered an asset
- Strong financial as well as business reporting and analysis skills with the ability to quickly simplify complicated structures and processes
- Experience in Group level reporting is an asset
- IFRS and external accounting knowledge are considered an advantage
- Excellent Excel skills and good skills in other relevant tools
- Clear verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work with various cultures in an international environment
- An energetic, “can do” approach
- Self-motivated, precise and enthusiastic
- Flexible team player, able to work under pressure
- Ability to stick to deadlines and adjust well to new situations in a fast paced environment
- Ambitious and proactive
- Good communication skill and a collaborative approach to building relationships
The Business Controller will report to Senior Business Controller within the Group Business Control team.
Next to a competitive salary package, we offer you an interesting and challenging position with opportunities for professional growth in a result oriented team with a high degree of independence and responsibility. You will work with professional colleagues in an informal, dynamic and pleasant working atmosphere.
Please send your online application, including salary request and CV in English by 10.5.2021 at the latest. Note that we will be reviewing the applications as they arrive. For more information about the role, please contact Tomi Tiilola (VP, Group Business Control) via email@example.com